Thursday, July 26, 2012

Our Stray Cat

Since we came back from last summer, we are frequently visited by a stray cat. She was pregnant when she first came. We fed her leftovers. She was a relief to us because sometimes I do not know what else to do with some of our protein leftovers.

She gave birth. I never saw her kids. I only can see the tell tale sign that she has been breast feeding. Then a few months after she got pregnant again. I never saw any of the kittens. And then pregnant again! Such is the life of a female stray cat!

The kids love her and they get nervous when they hear her cries for food. Quick! Quick! feed her!

When I feed her with leftovers, I would feed her outside the house because usually what she would do, she would pick one chicken and eat it on the floor. And i don't like this. However if I feed her from can food, I would feed her within our compound (because she doesnt take it outside the bowl). The problem with feeding her outside is, there are other bigger and meaner male stray cats. They would hog her food because they are gangster that way. I had to guard her food sometimes. Even then, she would surrender her food and hide away. Pfftt.

Despite a year she has been coming over and we have been feeding her, I never get to pat her. She would run when you try. She makes so much noise when we are late feeding her but hisses when you approach her to give her food.

I would sometime bebel, wah wah wah, after a whole time of feeding you, this is what you give me? Taik di bougainvillea ku (I have solved this problem), hissed at me, no showing of gratitude? Enter my house lagi enjoying the aircond. Amboi amboi amboi. Sungguh amat melampau!

But then I am reminded of these verses from Surah Insan 76: 8-11

And they give food, inspite of their love for it (or for the love of Him), to Miskin (the poor), the orphan, and the captive, (8) (Saying): "We feed you seeking Allâh's Countenance only. We wish for no reward, nor thanks from you. (9) "Verily, We fear from our Lord a Day, hard and distressful, that will make the faces look horrible (from extreme dislike to it)." (10) So Allâh saved them from the evil of that Day, and gave them Nadhrah (a light of beauty) and joy. (11)
Astaghfirullah. Why am I asking gratitude from this cat when I should expect reward from Allah? :( I am so weak.



I am feeling sad because I am leaving the house on Sunday and I cannot bring her because I cannot afford to keep cats in the house. And how am I suppose to catch her when she doesnt allow me near her. And I don't know where her kittens are and you should not separate a mum and her litter.

Allah is the one who provides. Allah will replace me with another rizq for her.





2 comments:

butterflutter said...

Now we kind of have 2 cats. Yg betul2 jaga is Prim(female) & yg dtg bila lapar is Nick(male). Prim tu pun mula jaga sbb kecik lg and yatim piatu. Kalau tak jaga tak tau lah mcmana dia nak cari mkn sendiri. Buat kawan I gaduh pagi2. Kucing yg asal liar ni mmg kurang manja kotnya. Yg best lepas balik UK (we send her to pet hotel gitu) dia masuk and poopoo dlm bilik Afiq (sbb pintu terbuka). Marah kot nya kena tinggal 10 hari.

KakNi said...

kucin mmg spesis x kenang budi, kita bg mkntp ia berak umah kita. dah fitrah dia camtu. sy pun bela kucin, x tau ler ia gi berak mana sbb ia x berak kat umah sy.