Saturday, April 13, 2013

Promising the Little One

Yesterday haziq promised Jack that he will play football this morning. I heard this promise and I saw how excited jack was at this thought.

Qadr Allah lover, myself and haziq went out last night to visit a sick friend and came back a bit late. Haziq was already feeling tired because he is not feeling so well and he just put on braces (yeah he has robot teeth now). Fajr now is also at 3 plus in the morning. He woke up groggy and went back to sleep.

Jack, despite waking up for fajr and sleeping back and would wake up a little later on other days, woke up before 7. He then tried to wake his abang up without much success. I went to his room and saw him leaning over Haziq desperately waking him up.

I asked what he was doing and he replied abang promised me that he will play football with me today. I explained to Jack that abang came home late last night so he is a bit tired.

Then Jack cried quietly and hugged me.

Oh Jack.

I distracted him with little conversation.

Later I quietly woke Haziq up ad when he did open his eyes, I reminded him of his promise to Jack. He woke up quickly. You should see Jack's face when he saw his abang.

They are playing ball outside as I type.

May they become the comfort of their eyes to each other as well as mine.




It is important that when you make a promise, to fulfill it. Do not even offer them sweet just to distract their attention but in actual fact you will not give him anything. This is lying and on top of that you are teaching your child how to lie also.

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Aamir (may Allah be pleased with him) said: “My mother called me one day when the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) was sitting in our house. She said, ‘Come here, and I will give you (something).’ The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, ‘What do you want to give him?’ She said, ‘I will give him a date.’ The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: ‘If you had not given him something, you would have been lying.’”

Not that Haziq intended not to play with jack though. 

No comments: