Monday, September 20, 2010

Calm Before the Storm

I am back in Qatar and the kids are already in school.

My school has not started yet though. So i have so much free time in the morning, i can't believe it. I cooked early and find hours and hours and hours for myself. Alhamdulillah.

That reminds me when i first came to Qatar. Out of job. Finding myself so many dishes to wash. All the time. The floor needs to mopped. All the time. Dusts actually exist. Baju needs to be ironed. And a baby who is clinging on me even though I am in the toilet.

I remembered wanting my own time.

And now I have it. So for those finding their hands full with their little kids, ENJOY THEM. After forgetting the wish of having my own time, i went ahead and enjoyed the time with them. And am still enjoying them.

Anyway this quiet morning are hard to get even though I am not working. LOL! I don't even have any free time last year (last year meaning September 2009-jun 2010). i didn't have my weekends also. I had classes everyday including weekend and I teach in the weekend too.

It has been fulfilling.

But somehow, I think i want to cut down some of them particularly the weekends one. I don't get to spend time with the kids. I mean I do, but it was always a rush. Even our halaqah was a rush and sometimes I forgot to put some creativeness in the teachings. I looked back at my earlier notes, and I was surprised myself. That was me? So many games and quizzes and fun activities. last year was very academic.

Because I had so many classes, i didn't have time to study what I learnt. I think my performance last year was not so good. In my books lah. But still I learned alot, Alhamdulillah.

So I am starting off this new year by wanting to put more quality time in what I am doing. And with that I am cutting off my weekend classes except for the tawheed one (ada lagi tu nak simpan). I will still continue to teach Insya Allah but currently weighing the teen group. Hmmm.

My priorities are still my family and children. I don't want people to threaten me concerning this. True children are one of the adornment of this world and boleh melalaikan kita and hindering us from doing righteous deed. but Insya Allah spending time with them to build up their taqwa and eeman is not in vain. May Allah make this as one of my righteous deeds. Refer to Al Kahf 18:46.

For now i am enjoying my quiet mornings with intermittent of chatting, cleaning up, reading and planning.

5 comments:

famygirl said...

errr... despite enjoying the kids, i still want *some* ME time, tapi tak tau kat mana nak cari... so many buku menunggu utk dibaca! :P

Lollies said...

heheheh faham faham. soon soon the time will come. meanwhile your "me" time is masa dia tidur.

i yg ada me time pun banyak hutang buku to be read.

zan said...

saya punya ME time bila si kecik masih zzzz dan si besar dah pergi school :D masih lagi cuba balance everything, utmost mmg focus on the kids..yelahh berhenti kerja pun mmg dah niat nak focus at the kids kan...so kena laa buat but i wish i can do more for myself especially on the part of islamic learning..yg penting we are granted good health to do all our ibadah, insyallah.

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

gosh, i've been so busy i didnt even knw u were back in msia. and i'd hoped to catch u the next time u were. well takde rezeki, what to do :) maybe next time, sister? :D

i couldnt help grinning when i read about your tudung pendek punya cerita. guilty as charged! they're so comfy that sometimes i feel like abandoning my long ones. i am so easy to lupa diri!

and i gotta agree with u about the challenges of fasting here in msia. half of the time i wish i could relocate us elsewhere during ramadhan. hmmm..

a belated selamat hari raya to you and your family :)

p/s: hows jackjack's arm?

Lollies said...

zan - i know you already are. Mari kita teruskan usaha! Ganbatte!!!!

babybooned - yes sure it is easier to fast here in qtar. but what is life without a challenge. look at it as juhad and you want to come out as winners. bukan for ramadhan aje. For all aspects. heheheh

jackjack's arm looks so much better. ibu dia tak sabar nak bukak cast tu. tapi tak cukup 3 minggu lagi. patutnya 1 bulan. tapi ibu nak try 3 minggu ni jumpa doctor. kalau ok nak suruh bukak.