Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Three Weeks Up

OK It's almost time for me to go back to Qatar. I am leaving on the very very early morning flight on Friday which is essentially as good as leaving on Thursday. So when people ask me when I am leaving, I would say Thursday night I am already at the airport.

The raya has been very good for all of us. It is so nice to be able to spend it with our parents mostly and seeing relatives. But mostly our parents and most most mostly my lover's mum. In fact I must say she is the strongest reason that I think we should go back for raya.

Personally I like to go back during normal months and not the fasting month. Fasting in Qatar is such a bliss and Raya abroad is nice also.

You don't get to do much when you travel during the fasting month. And worse because there is this feeling that I need to get certain things and people to see on my once-a-year annually trip, I still take a lot of time out. And this, errrrr, affected the fasting months time.

But because I am ALSO feeling that since it is a fasting month and only a once-a-year trip, we all stayed kampung for the longest time. Truly sorry that I don't get to meet the normal people I meet. Next year Insya Allah.

In the end everything is made wonderful because my lover's mum, mak, was so happy.There are lots of cries when she greeted us and even more cries when we are leaving. :(

Having lost my own mother, I feel that lover must, as much as we can of course, without sacrificing some of my must-go places in KL :P, spent upmost quality time with his mom, my mak. Other things fall to close second and third places.

May Allah give us health and strength throughout our predestined length of life so that we can worship Him more.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saya faham :)

Next year, Insya Allah.

Sheherazade said...

it's ok k.lollies :)

Ir. Hanafi Ali said...

Never has "without" been heavily nuanced before this article ever.

أم الليث said...

Is your MIL unwell?
It's hard isn't it when people have expectations of you and then you can't fulfil it. But family comes first lah. And true friends would understand that. Orang yang bising, complain, kecik ati bla bla tu..i doubt they understand at all.

mosh said...

mak mertua pun mak jugak. have a safe trip.

at least i got to see you twice (ehehe... saja nak brag kat sini :p)