Friday, August 13, 2010

Kena Tegur

Ibn Mas'ud reported that the Messenger of Allah, salla'llahu 'alayhi wa sallim, said, 'No one who has got faith in his heart to the weight of a mustard-seed shall enter the Fire and nobody who has got pride in his heart to the weight of a mustard-seed shall enter Paradise.'


It is the beginning of time that your child has grown to certain age, and acquire certain knowledge that you may lack yourself. So be ready with them correcting you.

Be ready to accept it with open heart and hide your ego. Praise Allah for any beneficial knowledge that your child has acquired and may it benefit his dunya and akhirah..

However one can always teach the child to be tactful.

7 comments:

أم الليث said...

Wow what happened?

Lollies said...

ceritanya gini. Alhamdulillah haziq has now learn many more things and has memorised more than me. Masya Allah! I am happy for him. Tapi kengkadang tu bila i sendiri tengah memorise, dia mesti datang tegur salah bacaanlah, salah makhrajlah. Actually i am ok aje.

Then dia start tegur ayah dia and adik dia. I just think he needs to be more tact, itu aje. and understand some people's difficultes.

May Allah preserve him.

zan said...

oh ye ker.. but i think he wanted to correct others because he just needs to, someone with knowledge must make use of his knowledge :) give him space and later he will realise he needs to correct ppl in diff manner.

i remember my sis pun kena tegur jugak with her reading by her daughter..

butterflutter said...

Alhamdulillah. As parents it has always been our heart that our children will be better than us. In whatever situation pun I agree that they need to be tactful as not to buat orang terasa. Its our responsibility to advice them.

Lollies said...

zan - tulah. i understand he needs to correct them. sekarang kena ajar refinement. But I am happy and am proud of him, Masya Allah.

Tu yg i start off the entry with a hadith. Jangan ego. even with anak-anak. kalau tegurnya bertempat, accept.

I dengar ramai betul kisah anak2 tegur parents baca quran. i think this is a good sign. May our next generation have quran in their heart

aza - tulah kan? suapaya berhemah dan penuh kesabaran. Insya Allah.

Anonymous said...

Wow Haziq! proud of him and you, of course.

verignac said...

hehhehe my sweet daughter pun corrected my readings too. MasyaAllah I was in tears because I just can't believed it that she knew my mistake and able to explain it back to me...Alhamdulilah I can take her words..and even2 syukur to Allah swt and thankful to the teachers who taught her too.