Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Dawn 89: 27-30




Among my favourite ayah is in Suratul Fajr- the last four ayah. This is in Juzz Amma, if you are memorising the quran from An Nas, you will find this surah the longest and probably harder than usual. But just be amazed with the reward of the last four ayahs.

(It will be said to the pious — believers of Islamic Monothesim): "O (you) the one in (complete) rest and satisfaction! (27)
"Come back to your Lord, Well-pleased (yourself) and well-pleasing (unto Him)! (28) "Enter you, then, among My (honoured) slaves, (29)
"And enter you My Paradise!" (30)


May I now repeat the last two ayahs


"Enter you, then, among My (honoured) slaves, (29)
"And enter you My Paradise!" (30)


and again


"Enter you, then, among My (honoured) slaves, (29)
"And enter you My Paradise!" (30)


By no means when I write this, that other ayat of Allah is not rewarding.

When I found these ayahs, I imagine and imagine what if one day, I will actually hear this actually said to me. Perhaps after the sirat. Ya Rabb allow me your jannah. Allahuma Ameen Ya Rabb.

Do try to memorise this portion in Arabic and feel the verses. feel the verses in Arabic. And feel the strive to be among the people with content nafs. Ya Rabb Guide us.

I was listening to a lecture sometime earlier taht there was an elderly - A local in this country. who was suffering with some form of sickness. She spent most of her time on bed doing dzikir and it was an easy thing for her because she was doing it since perhaps forever.

Narrated by Ibn Abbas, prophet Salllahu Alaihi wasalam said
When you remember Allah in good times, He will remember you when you are in hardship.


She was constantly making syukur to Allah - Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah.

Indeed a believer is the one who praises Allah at all times in good times and trying times. Alhamdulillah ala kulii hal.

Next to her was the teacher of my Quran teacher. At one point she could hear that instead of her normal dzikir, the elderly was making syahadah. She ran next to her to repeat the syahadah with her for she felt, it might be the elederly lady's time. They repeated syahadah for sometime. Until the elderly lady stopped and recited this.

(It will be said to the pious — believers of Islamic Monothesim): "O (you) the one in (complete) rest and satisfaction! (27)
"Come back to your Lord, Well-pleased (yourself) and well-pleasing (unto Him)! (28) "Enter you, then, among My (honoured) slaves, (29)
"And enter you My Paradise!" (30)

And she died after.

What a beautiful death. May Allah have mercy on her. And indeed Allah knows best.

Another beautiful story concerning the ayah here. Are you the sign of the last day?

__________________

I read the tafseer of this ayah (From Ibn Al Katheer)

This will be said to it at the time of death and on the Day of Judgement. This is like the angels giving glad tiding to the believer at his time of death and when he rises from his grave.

Likewise is this statement here. Ibn Abi Hatim recorded from Ibn `Abbas concerning Allah's statement,

﴿يأَيَّتُهَا النَّفْسُ الْمُطْمَئِنَّةُ - ارْجِعِى إِلَى رَبِّكِ رَاضِيَةً مَّرْضِيَّةً ﴾

(O tranquil soul! Come back to your Lord, well-pleased and well-pleasing!) He said, "This Ayah was revealed while Abu Bakr was sitting (with the Prophet ). So he said, `O Messenger of Allah! There is nothing better than this!' The Prophet then replied,

«أَمَا إِنَّهُ سَيُقَالُ لَكَ هَذَا»

(This will indeed be said to you.)''


May we be among those that will hear this very verse too.

3 comments:

butterflutter said...

Reading your entry has reminds me of the time my husband went for an operation in one of London's private hospitals. Being aware that we are so far from home and in a non muslim country but....that was the 1st time I heard a patient reading Al Quran out loud and instantly feel at home. The hospital was full or Arabs.

Keep sharing knowledge here. I need constant reminders. May Allah protect you and your family, Amin.

Demagpie.blogspot.com said...

Yes. Al-Fajr is the longest surah from Annas. My experience is that we hv to constantly recite the surah in order to keep on remembering it...

Lollies said...

butterflutter - true. over here lebih random nampak orangb baca quran. certain malls and hypermarts have quran all the time.

d'magpie - Masya Allah. I ask Allah to instill quran in our heart.