Monday, February 25, 2013

Get the Children to remember Allah Too

Are you among those who get to spend rush time with your kids in the morning? And also in the evening? Among those who get to send the kids to school? Or maybe has a short idle time with them in the midst of the rush hour? If you are, then you are the lucky fews may I suggest that you spend this time to teach them to remember Allah. That is making dzikir.

I cannot stress more on making dzikir particularly in the morning and evening. Subhanallah there is so much benefit in it. Reward. As a protection. A du'a. And Allah knows what other benefits He will give.

When i was younger, I was given the du'a mathurat. Coupled with jahil and laziness, I fellt that it was overwhelmingly too much and boring. Of course it was. I didn't know what i was reading. It was overwhelmingly ALOT! And reading is not making du'a. It is just reading.

Starting early, undoubtedly makes it a habit harder to break, Insya Allah.

First of all, may I suggest you turn off the radio for a while. Everything else is lesser a priority than remembrance of Allah. To tell you the truth, it was hard for me. But try disciplining yourself. Make the dzikir first. perhaps after a while, music even nasyid on radio will become noise. Ameen.

Break into small doable chunks. Try doing the three quls first. Three times. Do it together at first to encourage them. If the kids have not memorised it yet, do a separate exercise as well. But have a practice in the morning. Do this as much as you can everyday until it has become a part of you and them. It may take some time or it may not.

quls photo 027-94_zps0a12a134.gif

‘Abdullah Ibn Khubaib said: ‘The Messenger of Allaah (S) said to me ‘Recite!’ I replied ‘O Messenger of Allaah, what shall I recite?’ he said ‘Recite:
[Al-Ikhlaas]
[Al-Falaq]
[An-Naas]
…in the evening and the morning three times for it will suffice you of all else.’


When all are comfortable, add ayatul Kursi. I find many kids do not know ayatul Kursi. At least in the Kafa class I am doing. If they have not. Have a separate exercise for this. Ayat Kursi is important. meanwhile practise it before sleeping and you read out loud in the morning. The repetition will help them Insya Allah.

Again, do this every morning together until they are independent. When they are, tell them to read quietly (not in the heart though) on their own. Once in while spot check on them. Sometimes their ayat kursi goes everywhere. He he.

Now you may have the three quls and ayat kursi. For myself I would prefer to the the dzikir "lailaha illallah 100 x, subhanallah.. 100X, astaghfirullah 100x but maybe it's a overwhelming for the kids. If not go ahead.

lailahaillalah photo 027-90_zps76e72506.gif

None has the right to be worshipped except Allaah, alone, without partner, to Him belongs all sovereignty and praise, and He is over all things omnipotent.’ (one hundred times every day)

subhanallah photo 027-88_zps23a3124f.gif

‘How perfect Allaah is and I praise Him.’ (one hundred times)
Otherwise start with the small easy du'a for them to memorise. I would choose a short one to build their confidence. Like this one for example.

dua 3 photo 027-86_zps0e7f24f1.gif

I am pleased with Allaah as a Lord, and Islaam as a religion and Muhammad as a Prophet.’ (three times)

dua 1 photo 027-80_zps5a00c307.gif

‘O Allaah, grant my body health, O Allaah, grant my hearing health, O Allaah, grant my sight health. None has the right to be worshipped except You.’ (three times)
(ii)
‘O Allaah, I take refuge with You from disbelief and poverty, and I take refuge with You from the punishment of the grave. None has the right to be worshipped except You.’ (three times)

dua 2 photo 027-81_zpsa2ad3a97.gif

‘Allaah is Sufficient for me, none has the right to be worshipped except Him, upon Him I rely and He is Lord of the exalted throne.’ (seven times morning and evening)

You can check out some part of the Fortress of Muslim HERE. Go over the meaning and only move on when they are fairly good at it.

May Allah accept our deeds and May Allah make the earth as our witness. Imagine in Yaumul Akhirah when the earth will be allowed to speak and inform what has been going around her. Imagine the stones, the trees, the sand, the plastic (petroleum is from earth kan?) in your car speak for you and on your side. ya Rabb we are in need of your mercy.


No comments: