Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Little Gift

You may have noticed that I mention something about farewell lately. And do you remember I mention something about making a gift for her. HERE.

Elisa then suggested that I looked at Martha Stewart's for ideas. Which I did. Thank you Elisa. This is what Martha suggested. I put some of my ideas and uhuk uhuk I manage to make something for my friend. First time me do something "crafty". Me so proud.

The idea started when I was sorting some of Kak Azit's photos. I happen to have a few good selection of her pictures. Then everyone has been giving her something. Very expensive something.Persian carpet (I chipped in), crystal chandelier, vileroy and boch vases. I wanted to give her something more personal. And I was thinking that she might appreciate a handmade something. I would.

I made her a photo album with her pictures, her family and her closest friend's pictures.

In the process of making the album, I noticed she likes things Laura Ashley like. So I changed the scheme colour from my typical black and white classic look into a cool blue and white. Actually that's the only pastel colour I can find in the store for the card. I added little blue and white flowers for effect. The little flowers also have another purpose. I wanted something to add a gap between the photos so they won't stick to each other in the long run.

I procrastinate a lot of course, which is not surprising. And I didn't expect that Kak Azit change her flight date to even earlier. Suddenly I heard she was going back the next day. I scrambled to finish the project. I had to grab the only fabric I found which I was not entirely satisfied. The fabric is for the album cover by the way. It didn't turn out as how I imagine it. Oh well..

However, the look on everyone's faces (including her children) when I presented it, was priceless.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh Lollies, I fall in love with it. That is sweet .. so sweet. Does it come with a box? This is definately very personal. The person who gets it could feel the warmth of the person doing it, collecting each pictures and pasting it, then putting the ribbon and flowers with love. Very very great idea. Not bad dari chef d'restaurante becoming a hands et craft..

cikdinz said...

fulamak... nak buat gift samapi refer kat martha lagi...
boleh lah bagi 1 kat saya...

Theta said...

Wow, you are so crafty....in the artistic sense, that is. :)

Thanks for the inspiration!

k.d said...

Lollies...that's beautiful. That gift is priceless. Personal gifts, kalau you make the effort to do it and research what one might like is the best gift.

I'm sure K.Azit terharu amat sangat dapat that gift.

Mulan said...

waaaahhh u so very creative!! takde pulak org kasik i camtu. appreciate gile la i kalu dapat, coz bikin sendiri kan..

anggerik merah said...

so creative! cantik...

Lollies said...

ummi - i wanted to get a box but alas I couldn't find something with the right size. itu pasallah i ikat ribbon. at least ada presentation sikit. you like it?

cik dinz - sebab martha punya ideas on craft sangat easy peasy nak nak yang kerastangan macam saya

theta- i am sure you can come up with something much better :D

doc - tulah. i hope she appreciates it sebab i jarang amat buat ni fororang. come to think of it this is the first time

mulan - tapi dia orang farewell for you kat hotel. dasat tu

AM - he he thanks

cikdinz said...

mesti lah tgn keras. kalu lembut tuh boneless....heheheee....

superunknown said...

wow mummy dh turn to martha. boleh bisnes la pas ni dah. hehe. cun lah album tu. gerek seh.