Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Ralat

I would like to make a correction on one of my previous posts. The post can be found HERE : Making the shaytan go away.

It is about Jack who was worried that he didn't have any ammunition to get rid of shaytan. Afraid that he would be outran by his ollder siblings who by then have already memorised Al Falaq, Annas and Ayatul Kursi, he immediately claimed that if you say the Basmallah, the shaytan will go away.

At the point of me making that entry, I thought that this is funny but was somewhat wrong. I immediately taught him the Alistiadzah.

Apparently he is not entirely wrong. Referring to the hadith below

Jabir bin Abdullah reported Allah’s Messenger s.a.w. as saying :

When a person enters his house and mentions the name of Allah at the time of entering it and while eating the food, Satan says (addressing himself : You have no place to spend the night and no evening meal; but when he enters without mentioning the name of Allah, the Satan says: You have found a place to spend the night, and when he does not mention the name of Allah while eating food, he (the Satan) says : You have found a place to spend the night and evening meal.

(Muslim 5006)


So there you go, if you say the Basmallah before you enter your house, Shaytan won't have a place to stay that night. And if you say the Basmallah before you eat, shaytan won't be able to share your meal.

Jack was correct alright.




This week we discussed the manners of eating. I tried to put in as much Sunnah as I can. Those that can be easily practiced for their age. I put some of the notes in my other blog. If you have the time, do read FOR THE LOLLIPOPS.

2 comments:

mosh said...

Bismillah...

tak ingat lah the grammar part. why Basmallah and Bismillah again?

Lollies said...

Ni I jawab based on my observation ok

Basmallah is the term for the Bismillahhirahmannirahim

while Bismillah means "In the name of Allah"