Sunday, November 07, 2010

First of Dzulhijjah already

Yesterday, i went to sent off some of my friends for hajj. Already? It seems like it was just yesterday that I was being sent off.

And as they were all getting themselves prepared and we talked or tried giving tips based on my own experience, I can't help feeling sayu throughout.

I remembered the times when I was told I am not accepted to go.
I remembered more the feeling of being told we can go later.
I can still remember the fajr prayer that I had, before we depart to Mina on the 7th Dzulhijjah.
And the silence as arafah hour was approaching.
I remembered the I-dont-care-if-lunch-is-late feeling when they served us lunch quite late while I want to run off in isolation armed with head and heart bursting with du'a.
And the final tawaf - tawaf wida' - when I cried and cried and cried in realisation that hajj is finally over.

Subhanallah. I cannot think about hajj but not drop a tear or feeling tight in the chest.

Alhamdulillah still I am allowed to go to another Dzulhijjah and experience the best ten days in Allah's sight. Grab this first ten days of Dzulhijjah like how you want to grab the last ten nights of Ramadhan.

Fast for nine days if you can. At least on the 9th Dzulhijjah.
If you can afford it, make qurban.
Say tahmeed (Alhamdulillah) as you cruise in the day. Takbir. Tahlil (lailahailallah. bukan buat tahlil arwah ya) and tasbih (Subhanallah. Bukan pegang tasbih)

Again, this sunnah is something that I see being practise alot here. As you do your grocery shopping, you can hear them doing the dzikir, made order and continue with their dzikir. Sometimes some men would recite the takbir (Takbir raya as you would call it). Of course I only realise this after I learn this. Otherwise what i can see is people mumbling or queue cutters or rude people. I guess you see what you choose to see.

May Allah grant the pilgrims hajj mabrur and May he make it easy for all of them.

3 comments:

zan said...

thanks for the reminder lolls but i can't help to laugh when i read the "bukan pegang tasbih" spoil betul :)

أم الليث said...

you see what you choose to see. that's brilliant!
must be awesome to live in a practising muslim country (erkk bukan takat muslim country by name aje like dot dot dot).
last week gi masjid first time in a year. dengar a real azan (not on the computer)..how beautiful it was. and finally dapat jawab muazzin and baca du'a after azan and make tahiyyatul masjid.
even the small ibadah are enough.

Lollies said...

zan - hehehehhe.

aliya - I am trying to reap fully what i am enjoying because one day Allah will put me back to the country where it won't be that easy and thus the real test is there. Tak payah tunggu lama, balik kampung sekejap aje dah rasa.

somehow it makes me feel sayu+seronok dengar you hearing the azan in ur favourite mosque. Subhanallah such ni'mah yg sometimes i pun tak perasan sebab azan can be heard front and back here.

Beautiful. May Allah make it easy for all of us to practise the deen wherever we are.