Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Part 1 - Death Speaks

-----
This is just parts of stories that I find intriguing. They'll come in two parts. Different story but same message.-----



The Prophet, King Solomon, was sitting on his throne when a man came to see him. His face was white with terror, trembling, he said, Your Majesty, just now when I was in the market place, I was jostled by a man in the crowd and when I turned I saw his face. It was Death. He looked at me in a very peculiar way and made a threatening gesture.

Your Majesty must help me. Lend me your horse, and I will ride away from this city and avoid my fate. I will go to Samarra and there, death will not find me.


And as fast as the horse could gallop he went to Samarra to avoid the man called Death.

Later, Solomon summoned the Angel of Death. Why did you make a threatening gesture to my friend?

That was not a threatening gesture,
Death replied, it was only a start of surprise. Indeed, I was astonished to see him in Baghdad, for I had an appointment with him tonight in Samarra.

Mawlana Rumi

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

garu paler la kak.. saya blur skit.. heh.

atenah said...

hmmm ajal maut, jodoh, rezeki di tangan Tuhan, manusia yg terover2 nak control. and in the process stress ourselves out, ini lesson for me...

Lollies said...

wan-you tak rasa chill ke baca ni? maybe the way I wrote it kot.

atenah- I belum masuk part 2 lagi..you ni terer lah

atiza said...

*kuarkan kuaci dari drawer*

kisah teladan nih..

shidah said...

semua ni dah tertulis....

Lollies said...

atiza-nak sikit..buat selit celah braces

shidah - betull