Monday, July 03, 2006

Photogenic

I was asked to put up a photo of myself along with some scribbling of who I think I am in the newsletter. Actually I asked the same thing from all of them and conveniently omit myself out. Small fish maaa. But they didn't think it's fair..to them at least.

Now the trouble is, there are not so many pictures of myself since I am the one with camera most of the time. The one I have is usually badly taken like the kids took it when I am sleeping with mouth wide open for instance. So I used the standard passport photo that I used for all the IDs here.

So Mr. Drive Fast (who is also the MAQ's secretary), upon looking at it said, "Ni gambar zaman bila pulak ni? Tak acilah letak gambar masa muda-muda!" (What! Teenage photo?)

Hmm as much as I like to take it as a compliment, but you know there is this subliminal message behind the compliment don't you think? It is saying that in reality I look old! That I don't look as young as the photo suggests.

Baahhhhhhh.

If people tell you that you are photogenic, don't be too happy about that either. It is also saying that only when captured at certain angle under good lighting, only can you look good. Face to face..you are really pathetic.

Unless of course you are in some beauty pageant for instance. Then perhaps you want to be Ms. (or Mr. for that matter)Photogenic.

Or perhaps not...if you really think about it.

18 comments:

Jill Yusoff said...

babe, do what i do, take my photo from the webcam. then u can see what light, angle compliment u the most. u think my tan looks that luscious in real skin? think again.

Lollies said...

mungkin aku patut remain anonymous with this association also. supaya mereka tak terkexut bila tengok the real me. I think also I will put my real picture. the angelina lollie picture tu.

Anonymous said...

take things positively.There's always good and bad impression on having teenage look. When u r with big client u want to look old as it project maturity and wisdom, (until u begin to talk, then only they know how good u are) when u are among ur classmates,definitely looking young is a BIG compliment.
he..he..

Lollies said...

you hit it on the spot easylady

Idham said...

aha...share la photo yang TERsebut dlm entry tu ...nak jugak la tgk..

I guess at my age *ha ha ha*, any comments implying I look young is a big booster maa...eh, did you say I look much younger than my age when we met in doha?
*the smile remains on my face till today*

Idham

anne said...

Set lah timer, than pose, pose, pose...then touch up sikit dalam photoshop...:-)

Easylady, you are so right!!!

Lollies said...

idham - errr is really the answer to both your questions. :p

anne - gambar ok babe boleh touch up. I need a botox man

Anonymous said...

errr...kau PMS ker?
u seldom have these negative vibes around u unless u're in ur PMS's mode

betul eh?

Lollies said...

Ini adalah tandanya aku dah tua. hua hua hua

UglyButAdorable said...

lolls..kau jer la yg ingat kat aku dr efx2. sajer nak tgk ader sesapa tak yg ingat kat aku...hahh..hahhh..hahhh

bukan aper..the efx2 blogs nak read punyer la byk and not forgetting the track comments..pheww!!! i have to find one fine day and a really big mg's pc to read thru..

Anonymous said...

and this is why i hate to have my pictures taken. first, i believe that the camera is sucking up my 9 lives, second, i always manage to look fatter and uglier in pictures, and third, i feel stupid grinning ferociously to a metal box. oh well, as long i hold the family's camera(s) hostage, i will be just fine!

Lollies said...

uglybutt - wei babe. forget the comment tracks lah. aku tak pernah bother pun. mine is by thousands oredi. tell me tell me..would this be a better site to visit? of courselah aku ingat kat ko. kokena update ko punya story mory of strange bosses and err anak sedara ko. i feel for you, you know.

anis - which means ehem ehem you are actually pretty in real life. kasi tengok muka sikit. kasi senyum sikit. heh heh

simah said...

the way i see it is like this...orang samaada akan terkejut u ni terlampauuuuuu cun atau orang akan terkejut u ni terlampau hodoh... tapi sampai Mr idham kita sampai jatuh hati kat ur princess..so i am assuming that u r as cute as ur princess...:0)

Lollies said...

muahahahah..i so wish. sya takes after the father the only good looking one in the family.

aimah i readyour cooking blogs. woo all the turkish culinary sounds delightful..even though it's not the turkish delight. :)

Lollies said...

err simah i mean. typo error

Idham said...

lollies...permisi nak komen on shimah's komen....

>.....yes yes....so true what shimah implied tu...kuah tumpah ke nasik...
*smile*

idHAM

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! bug scrabble Denim dresses only

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »