Sunday, August 20, 2006

Word Sunday : Prohibited

I am taking driving license at the moment. If you know me that well, I would tell you that this is really an insult to my driving abilities. But take I must. And why is that? Because I need to get the Q@tari driving license. And this is because they do not recognise M@laysia driving license here. Our international license only last for six months here and my time is up.

And ok ok, rub it in. I have been driving illegally here. Eh no wait. I was using my international license ok. And well it just expired. Like this month.

But the need to take class is because apparently it is easier to pass if you go through the class. My lover had to take four tests. He passed after taking the class. Behhhhhh. But why he failed, even he was baffled. No poles fell. We learned later that when you do side parking, do not straighten your car. Once in the box, you are fine. And also you have only one chance to get it right. And the box is quite small I think.

But I have been observing that the ladies have an easer time to pass. Still, I took the class anyway.

The difficult thing was to undo your habit after years of driving. Like when I reverse and before I come to a stop, I like to turn my steering to where I want to go next, which they prohibit me from doing so. Or they want me to physically turn my back when I reverse. I am too used to using the mirror. Aiyaya

Then there is an oral test, which my rusty brain is trying to adapt. I must be able to answer the exact word and not be creative in any way. EXACT WORD ok.


I must remember which picture goes to "follow this direction" or "direction to be followed" or here comes another one "direction to follow".



And I must not confuse with "Parking prohibited" or "No overtaking". Or is it "No parking" and "Overtaking prohibited"? Oh dear oh dear.

I prefer "No U-turn" please. "Turning backward prohibited" is too mouthful. No Left turn sounds so much easier than "Turning to the left prohibited".

The word prohibit does make it sound authoritive though.

The Answers dot com says the definition of the word is to forbid by authority.

Wish me luck you luvelies.

18 comments:

simah said...

Good luck!! Big big Luck!!! dont forget to tellu sthe results later

Nana said...

hehe.. i would take it as an insult too! dah bertahun2 drive kena amek license balik.

anyway, good luck!! and hopefully u get all the terms right!

Lollies said...

simah - err kalau pass le. heh heh

nana - i tell you the very the insulting. thanks ya

sare @ syah said...

Gud Luck Lollies...jangan rempuh pemeriksa dah le...muahahahaha

Jill Yusoff said...

all the prohibited, forbidden things - they are the most delicious, no?

Lollies said...

sare - tengoklah. kalau fail saya rempuh dia. nyeh nyeh

jill - oh sinnilicious. Prohibit as defined by urban dictionary is the very thing that we want to do despite forbidden.

UglyButAdorable said...

sap sap soi laaa..gerenti pass la gitu..eehh..only 6 months kaa?? not 1 year ke??

dlt said...

ooohh! u really need a good luck here. GOOD LUCK or better BEST LUCK. he!he! Sure blur sbb kena ambik test balik. We do recognise all the signs and yet we don't know their exact words. Susahnyaaaa......... Teringat lak joke students dan lembek@tilam kat Pantai Timur. Cikgu tunjuk gambar tilam. Eja T-I-L-A-M, bunyinya LEMBEK. Coz the students used to called it Lembek.

Lollies said...

comei - 6 bulan aje. leceh betul. in factnya ada story kata less. tapi aku baca kat ministry pamphlet kata 6.

dlt - ha ha ha. lawak gila cita you ni

anne said...

good luck. I wouldnt want to go thru that....!

aNIe said...

hai lollies....kak lady dari blog id ni...hehehe...kene amik lesen balik ke...ermmm...biasalah bila usia meningkat bab hafal menghafal ni dah kureng sikit...kalau macam kak lady ni...mungkin sebab makan kepala ikan banyak sangat...hehehe

Anyway...best of luck... :)

Anonymous said...

and i prohibit them to fail yew! i demand it!! yarr!!!!

Lollies said...

anne - err you want? jom datang qatar again

kak lady - oh sila sila ke blog ini. meh saya tuang air kopi cap tupai dulu.

amis - very authoritive gitu. takut!

Lollies said...

eh typo error..anis i mean.

Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

Anonymous said...

I like this site! Thanks for admin!
- www.blogger.com b
samsung ringtone
motorola ringtone
sony ericsson ringtone
nokia ringtone

Anonymous said...

Hello! Keep up the great work, Cheers!
- www.blogger.com f
spaghetti alla carbonara