Monday, May 16, 2005

HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY

During my Primary Six times, I had a one-year honeymoon. We did our BIG exam in Primary Five for the sole reason to allow us to have one year of nothingness in Primary Six. I didn't remember doing anything in that year except play, play and more play.

Anyway my Maths teacher, whom you can smell a thousand miles away, and who inspired me to buy myself expensive perfumes when I grow up, always come up with something.

Once she asked us to memorise the timetable 13 to 20 throughout the weekend with a promise (threat) to give us an oral test the next Monday. I never believe and never get the point, till now, the need to memorise timetable 13 to 20. I know all my timetables to 12, mind you, and I think it is quite sufficient to get you going with the concept. I think mental calculation will train my brain better. (That really explain why I am no genius).

I tried and I tried to memorise them but I kept doing mental calculation rather than memorising it. I got bored. I didn't memorise it finally.

Come Monday, I was panicked!

My dear Maths teacher, presumably didn't have time to test everyone, asked for volunteers to test the students on their memory skills. I immediately volunteered! ESCAPISM!

I tested everyone..corrected them even.

Being patient when they are slow.

Whispered answers when they stammer.

Then the ball rang, my so-good-a-smell teacher ask, so Lolies, have you memorised the timetables yourself. Her face stern.

I answered with an astounding YES and even made a surprise what-kind-of-question-is-that face .

You don't trust me izzit Mrs. teacher?

You see I am a good actress.

HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY TO MY CONVENT SCHOOL TEACHERS IN MUAR.

9 comments:

hana_kirana said...

Saya ponnn tak pernah hafal sipir 13-20.... :p

atiza said...

buku sifir kan ada..
calculator pun ada..

kalau sekarang nih ada quiz kira2 congak..sure fail punya aku nih!

Anonymous said...

Dulu kan, kucing saya Pak Malim takut pi sekolah, sebab cikgu-cikginya garang-garang belaka. Masa sekolah rendah la, ada cikgu matematik kan, cikgu pompuan, dia suka pagi-pagi dah tanya pasal sifir. Satu pagi yang hening bagai lalat pening, cikgu pompuan tu suruh semua orang berdiri dan dia tanya tiap-tiap sorang pasal sifir. Bila tiba giliran kucing saya Pak Malim, cikgu tu tanya, 4 kali 4, berapa? Tapi kan, sebab kucing saya tak pandai mengira, jari-jarinya macam tak cukup aje, kucing saya tak dapat jawab soalan cikgu itu. Lepas tu, kan, cikgu tu Lempangggggg kucing saya Pak Malim, aduh sakitnya bagai bergegar dunia masa tu kucing saya darjah 4, kan. Sampai sekarang kucing saya tak tahu 4 kali 4 tu, berapa.

ray and the sifir cats

Anonymous said...

hana - buat apalah nak hafal banyak no tu.

atiza - betul.

ray cats - aik! macamana pak malim boleh trace saya kat sini ni? cat's instinct ka? Adoi cikgu tu lempang sebab tak tau 4x4 ke ayoooo! sian Pak Malim.

Anonymous said...

you've been thru wonderful mind. and u are really gud in acting.

Ni said...

boleh dapet anugerah bintang harapan tu

nape masa drjh 6 dulu tak masuk anugerah tu?

Anonymous said...

sbb dh tertalu terer menghapal sifir, ni jawapan yg kiter wat waktu test bulanan time skolah rendah 2+4=8, 2+3=6 , aiseh ..

Anonymous said...

wan - tu belum jumpa live lagi tu

cik ni - ayah tak kasi berlakun

cn - aiseh man kala 2+2 okay kan?

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Uk reiki insurance Buick 38 v6 loans Dental cosmetic of houston Soft teen pussy Clubman hair remover for men Indiana meridia law education service internet fax Bond and mortgage Online post bill pay action games Unfinished oak furniture missouri Acura and kirkland wa fibromyalgia topamax Sony camcorder battery charger ac-v65 Amadeus cruises dodge intrepid parts Fellow fisherman